Experienced Divorce & Guardianship Attorney In Boise, ID
How Can A Family Law Attorney Help Me Boise, ID?
A Family Law Attorneys specialize in all legal matters that fall under family law. Those matters range from divorce to child and adult adoption. A Family Lawyer can also act as a mediator of family disputes. They can also act in the role of litigator if those disputes land in family court. These are some of the main roles that a Family Law Attorney might take on when needed.
- ) Creating prenuptial agreements: If you are planning to get married, a Divorce & Family Law Lawyer can help you create a plan to protect your assets should you one day divorce. This is a contract signed by the couple before marriage.
- ) Divorce: If you are thinking of getting a divorce, you can consult with a Family Law Firm for guidance on how to proceed, given your specific situation and lifestyle. If the divorce proceeds amicably, your attorney can act as a mediation attorney. If it needs to go to court, then that same attorney can act on your behalf as litigator.
- ) Child custody agreements: It can be a very delicate matter discussing child custody during the divorce process. Your Divorce & Family Lawyer can help you and your former spouse create a plan that works for the entire family. Your Family Lawyer can also amend or modify custody agreements that have already been created.
- ) Litigation in Family Court: If your family dispute, divorce, child custody case, or other family matter lands in family court, your Family Law Attorney can represent your best interests and litigate on your behalf.
Do you have questions or a case that requires a Family Law Attorney? An experienced Family Lawyer at Michael Doolittle, P.C. can answer your questions and guide you in the right direction based on your personal situation. If you live in or near Boise, Idaho, call (208) 703-0124 for a consultation.
How Can A Divorce Lawyer Help Me?
While you might think that a divorce would not require a lawyer, it is advisable to hire a Divorce & Family Law Lawyer to guide you through the process. A lawyer possesses knowledge of the law, so that they can protect your best interests throughout the divorce proceedings. The following are some ways that a Divorce & Family Law Lawyer from Michael Doolittle, P.C. can assist you during your separation/divorce journey.
- ) Explain grounds for divorce: A lawyer can meet with you, hear your story, and explain the different grounds for divorce in your state.
- ) Give objective advice: Divorce can be an emotional process. That emotion can make rational and sound decisions difficult to make. An attorney can take some of that off your plate and give advice from an unbiased point of view.
- ) Account for marital assets: A lawyer will collect all documentation of all assets, even assets that you might not think of initially. This allows for a fair and proper distribution of assets during the divorce proceedings. Along with this, a lawyer will explain property division.
- ) Help determine spousal support: Both parties of a married couple become accustomed to a particular lifestyle. A lawyer will help you determine how to live as near to that same lifestyle as possible.
- ) Help with child custody plans: If there are children involved, a lawyer can help you create a parenting plan that is best for the family and meets the child’s needs.
- ) Prepare all divorce papers: A Divorce Attorney will prepare and file all paperwork that is necessary for your divorce.
- ) Represent you in court: Should your divorce end up in court, a lawyer will represent your best interests and assert a resolution for all parties.
If you have questions for a Divorce & Family Law Lawyer, consult with an attorney from Michael Doolittle, P.C. Our Family Law Firm will work alongside you to create a divorce agreement that benefits all parties. If you are located in or near Boise, Idaho, call (208) 703-0124 for a consultation.